It includes one of my favourite TV quotes, when a forlorn Bob goes to visit Terry on Tynemouth Pier:
“I’d offer you a beer, but I’ve only got six cans.”
That got me thinking how much has changed since then and not just in the Tyneside landscape.
Thanks mainly to social media it’s all about sharing now, so to help honour that here are some of my favourite blogs/websites:
- For the best and latest developments in communications try www.comms2point0.co.uk
- Learn how to PR. A great site that covers all the basics
- Check out our online innovation for council communications in Northumberland
- If you live in Northumberland this is a unique online experiment from @wadds
- Comedy and fast food from New Zealand
- Quirky, quality products and craic from one of our best internet retailers at Hunky Dory home
That should do it for now, but in the spirit of sharing here are few more top quotes from Bob and Terry (look it up kids):
“In the chocolate box of life the top layer’s already gone. And someone’s pinched the orange creme from the bottom.”
Bob: When it comes to women you’re hardly Omar Sharif.
Terry: If Omar Sharif lived in Gateshead I doubt he’d be Omar Sharif.
“Working class sentiment is the indulgence of working peopled created through football and rock-and-roll or people like you who moved out to the elm lodge housing estate at the earliest opportunity.”